Monday 23 July 2007

15 minutes

It's 6:15 PM Oxford Time.
Before lunch today I read for my afternoon class. Since then (for the past few hours), I haven't done much of anything. I'd like to do something productive now, but look! It's already 6:18, and dinner is at 6:30, and I'd like to be a little early. So I don't really have time for it now, do I?
6:19. Now I think I'll share a little with you about the last few days at Oxford. On Saturday we went to see Hamlet but got rained out. This modern production was really starting to get interesting--what with the gothic-industrial techno music and Hamlet brandishing a glock--when someone announced that the play would be postponed. So I went to a little cafe bakery place and had some tea, and what appeared to be small walnut cookies. But they tasted like sharp cheddar cheese. I almost gagged at the surprise, though I eventually enjoyed it once I got used to the thought.
6:24. Sigur Ros playing Saeglopur. The most nostalgic music I have ever listened to.
6:25. Well since I need to leave now, here is a quote from a Stoppards Invention of Love that I thought was really funny. Please don't be offended.
"A genuine love of learning is one of the two delinquencies which causes blindness and lead a young man to ruin."
On a completely different note, over the past few days I have been racked with anxiety about vocation/calling. I'm not sure what to do with my life...
!6:29! You know what that means.

No comments: